13 March 2014

Moda PIECEMAKERS Fabric

by Kathy Schmitz
Moda PIECEMAKERS Quilt Fabric by Kathy Schmitz for Moda Fabrics

by Kathy Schmitz

Kathy Schmitz talks about her new fabric line, "I have always gotten a kick out of the creative names quilt guilds come up with. In this line of fabric I wanted to do a focal piece using graphics of notions, cute guild names, and some of my favorite guilty quotes. I did most of the drawing and writing using a pen and ink which lent itself well to the aged look I was going for. The sepia tone of the ink I used was the first color in this design. Playing with the ink I soon found it actually had several shades of brown that felt really warm and cozy to me. I wanted to add some shades of blue to the mix of browns and I came up with a blueish colonial tealish twist!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment